Sunday, August 14, 2011

Taste of Calgary 2011

So, me and the husband decided to go check out Taste of Calgary as suggested by my sister Diana. Since it was a nice sunny day and I woke up early for once, we headed off to Eau Claire Market to check out the food.


Let me just start and say by the time we got there, I was hungry and ready to bite off anyone's head that talked to me, so I needed food A.S.A.P. After getting our tickets and doing a quick walk around, I stopped at La Jawab and grabbed their Shanghai Fish.


Omg, was this ever TASTY! It was some spicy goodness that woke me up and curbed the beast that was ready to come out. The fish was cooked perfectly and was super moist. I have no clue what the spices were in this thing, but before we left, I went back and got another plateful of it.


Now I love me some sliders. So we set off to the White Spot booth and got the Pulled Pork and Legendary sliders. NOM NOM NOM! I tasted some of the coleslaw that came with the pulled pork, but coleslaw is not my thing. The husband liked it though. To be honest, anything snack size gets my two thumbs up.


Next we hit up Satay House and tried their Beef Satay Skewers. It was so-so. I wasn't to impressed with it, so Peter ate it all. Whatever seasoning they use was not up to par with any good bubble tea house would've served.


Peter got some of the Mini-Melts Tropical Punch. I don't even know what to say about those. They tasted like those chalk candy that you get at Halloween. Kind of creep me out as the texture was so cold against my teeth.


I tried some Pad Thai from Delicious Thai, and it was not delicious. It was not worth the five tickets. It had no flavor, no eggs, no meat, not even veggies in it. A total rip off. Thai Express in a food court tastes better then this. I was a unhappy camper while sampling this dish.


So, wanting another dessert, we decided to go back to White Spot's booth and picked their Blueberry Pie. OH MY! Peter and I devoured this dessert in less then twenty seconds. Kidding. The blueberries were ripe and juicy. The crust was buttery and flaky. The only thing that could've made it better was more whip cream.


To end our trip downtown, we took a walk over to Chinatown and went to Try Again, my favorite bubble tea place. I got my usual Green Apple Green Tea with Lychee jelly and Peter got Mango Lemon Slush. The day ended well and we were happily full.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sweet that all of this is outdoors!

    Nice pictures. How many booths were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over fifteen booths... We skipped over any chinese or japanese booth.... Didn't think it would be as fresh as in the restuarants... I want more of the Shaghai Fish!

    ReplyDelete